Sand Footings for Riding Arenas
Available throughout Germany via our partner-distribution network are our washed quartz sand and/or hydro-treated equestrian quartz sand footings with silicon-dioxide contents in the region of 98%, such as our Premium Nordstrand equestrian arena sand, consisting of quality-controlled premium German quartz sand or natural footing layers, such as fine Kirchhellen sand with finely graded filtration layers for indoor and outdoor usage.
Sand footings should be:
- Water permeable (subject to constraint in the case of surface draining sands)
- Slip proof
- Shear resistant
- Dust free
- and durable
Our various quartz sands and their mixed forms are specially adapted to specific outdoor and indoor disciplines, such as all-round equestrian sports, show jumping, dressage or western-style riding.
The footing layers can be combined with various additives, such as non-woven chaff, IRS equestrian wood chips, organic non-woven chaff, at the sand works or on site. The footing layer is installed with the aid of laser levels, i.e. with millimetre precision.
For optimum functionality, every footing layer requires water. Pump-controlled, automatic sprinkler systems are the best way to ensure an even and total-surface irrigation, and we would be glad to supply these as part of the overall design.
- Traditional equestrian sport sand with no additives
- Premium equestrian sport sand - dressage mix - with added polyester non-woven chaff
- Premium equestrian sport sand - show jumping & dressage mix - with added polyester non-woven chaff and fibres
- Premium equestrian sport sand - all-round mix - with added organic non-woven chaff